Developing a Logo isn’t as easy as it seems !

We spent a lot of time going back and forth on the logo and font and although we loved our chosen font, it was proving to be difficult to work with and was getting a bit frustrating. Karen and I used to meet at the Knockbox Café on California in Chicago; it became the office that we didn’t have and is close to V.Mora. We were to have a Skype meeting with Abi to go over the logo and right before the meeting we got on line and did a really quick search for other fonts. It literally took a few minutes, as that was all we had, to find the font that would ultimately work or us. We were able to send it over to Abi and she was easily able to create the logo that we will use....

Refinement

We got our first mock ups of the website from Dooley and loved what they did. I also was following up with Patrick Richards on the trademarking process for the Pocket Poppet name, going back and forth on fabric color choices. We also decided at this time to put a small credit card/ID pocket inside the pouch. We were showing the idea to a lot of friends to get their thoughts and input and the request for a credit card pocket was a recurring one. We liked the idea and so added that to the pattern making process. We had chosen to just make it a small slot pocket, but Julie from V.Mora suggested making it with a slit in the middle, making it more secure – great idea Julie! We really tried through this process to not put anything on the garment that could potentially break or drop off and therefore, wanted to stay away from buttons and clasps etc. ....

Marketing The Poppet…

We met with Jennifer Dooley and Dora Hagen in Kenosha to go over our initial ideas for the website. Karen and I both really liked the ladies and their ideas and so we decided to hire them to start on building the website. During this time we also decided that we wanted Dooley to create a QR code that we could put on our hang tag. The idea behind it is that you can download the QR app to your phone and scan the code which will link you directly to the ‘Pocket Poppet’ video that we are planning on making. We just wanted to use it as a tool to help with the folding process, and it also helps to serve as a promo tool, that retailers could use. The next few weeks would be spent choosing the colors that we wanted use to make the Poppets. It started as ‘let’s just make this in black’ to six colors! We learned after talking to a sales rep at the Stylemax show in the Merchandise Mart that reps would not want to pick up a product that only had one colors and/or one style. It really makes sense! Learning, learning…..easy when you know how! Written by: Karen Helen and I attended the Stylemax show in order to check out how buyers look at garments as potential for representation and retail spaces. If you have never visited the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago, put it on your bucket list. Imagine a building built in the art deco style of the 1930’s, with 4,000,000 square feet of floor space on 18...

More Decisions

Abi Campbell from V.Mora sent us the first sketches of the Pocket Poppet logo and we really liked the way things are looking. We have to perfect the style for the woven label for the outside of the pocket as well as design the hang tag that attaches to the outside of the garment for retail use and make choices for the care label and clench tag. Decisions, decisions! At this time I also took home a square of fabric so that we could see how it...