Business Trip Travel Essentials: The Ultimate List
When taking a business trip, it’s much better to be over prepared than under prepared. Having the right items are key to both looking and feeling business-ready. After all, we know that when you look good, you feel good. If you’re unsure of what to pack for your next trip, we can help. Here’s a list of clothing essentials necessary for every business trip that comes your way.
- Neutral Colored Blouse: Having a blouse in tan, white, beige or any other neutral color is critical. Not only do these colors go with most other colors, they are simple, yet professional.
- Blazer: A blazer is a must have for any professional situation. In the more-likely-than-not-situation that you spill food or coffee on yourself, a blazer is a great way to hide those slip ups. A blazer is also a fitted garment, which gives your outfit structure . Next trip, let your colleagues know you mean business by bringing that blazer.
- Sweater: More often than not, large conference rooms or even offices are quite chilly. Being cold during a meeting will be obvious to all of those around you, which is not the way you want to be noticed. However, lugging around a giant sweater isn’t the best image to portray either. Better to carry a lightweight cardigan, or even one that folds away into its own attached compact, water-repellent pocket, like The Poppet.
- Professional Dress: When in doubt, go with the professional dress. A business-ready dress is tastefully cut and the hemline is not too short.
- Appropriate Shoes: Heels can look great in the workplace, but think realistically. Will you be standing for the majority of the day? If so, opt for a simple flat or a low bootie. Comfort is king!
- Comfortable Clothes: If there is a chance that you get down time on your trip, you’ll probably want to lounge, or sight-see, if you’re feeling ambitious. A simple jersey maxi dress, paired with comfortable shoes, and finished with a soft and casual Lotus Poppet provides style and comfort at the same time.